As the Senior Cloud Operations Engineer you will combine your passion for automation and expertise in AWS to deliver continuous value to customers. In this role you will help define, create, and automate software delivery pipelines. You will work collaboratively with engineering teams to deploy and operate our platform. You will manage and lead the delivery of software, and engineer environments that predominantly use Linux operating systems.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering operational excellence and “always on” customer experiences with apps/services in AWS Cloud.
- Work in an Agile SDLC and collaborate with development teams to implement Continuous Software Delivery.
- Automate and implement Infrastructure as Code using configuration management tools.
- Responsible for executing software releases and configuration management.
- Implement CI/CD pipelines, and monitoring infrastructure.
- Develop and drive incident management processes, playbooks and stakeholder communication mechanisms.
- Drive root cause analysis (RCA) and risk management processes.
- 5+ years of technical experience as a developer, systems engineering, or DevOps responsibilities.
- U.S. Work Authorization.
- In depth knowledge of AWS services, such as CloudFormation, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, RDS, Route53, CloudFront, and CloudTrail.
- Strong understanding of container virtualization technologies, such as Docker, Drawbridge, or Flockport.
- Must be able to code in Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Prior continuous delivery experience using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Teamcity, or Bamboo.
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration.
- Must be able to administer JVMbased applications servers like Jboss or Tomcat in Linux/Unix environment.
- Past experience in Incident Management and good understanding of SOX and PCI compliance
- Self motivated and self accountable for delivery and adherence to standards and delivery timelines.
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Experience with Cluster scheduling, orchestration and management frameworks such as Mesos, Marathon, Fleet, Swarm, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS Elastic Container Service.
- Experience with ElasticSearch / Logstash / Kibana.
- Experience with .NET, MSSQL, and Powershell.
- Experience with Github, GitLab, or Gerrit.
- Experience with network, infrastructure, and server security.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org